How does Natural Gas benefit industry?
- is a renewable and clean energy source that is successfully being used by industrial and commercial entities to fuel boilers, heaters, driers and vehicles
- can be used in kitchen functions, such as cooking and heating, as well as in co-generation and tri-generation applications
- is cleaner-burning, with reduced emissions (less CO, NOx, HC, and PM)
- remains consistent regarding quality/energy content
- uses a storage method that eliminates theft of fuel
- is lighter than air and therefore poses a reduced health and safety risk
- has a reduced risk of accumulating in confined spaces, such as when using LPG
- fuel systems are sealed, preventing any spills and evaporation
- compression, storage and dispensing systems require less space, compared to coal
Vehicles can also be converted to run on Natural Gas and a filling point can be set up at “Daughter Stations” on a business site.